It’s time for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, courtesy of Randy Seaver at Gena-Musings. The mission, should we decide to accept it, is to:
1) Go to the Geneabloggers website – www.geneabloggers.com – and look for the post New Genealogy Blogs March 12, 2011.
2) Pick out at least five blogs from this list that interest you.
3) If you like them, add them to your blog reader (whether Google Reader, Bloglines, your Favorites or Bookmarks, whatever).
4) Tell us which ones you subscribed to in a blog post or a comment on this post. Also tell us how many genealogy blogs are in your blog reader.
Each week, Thomas MacEntee writes a post concerning new genealogy blogs that he finds or is tipped to on Geneabloggers. These posts make it easy for blog readers to find new content, and potentially useful content, in their never-ending thirst for more genealogy information.
5) For extra credit (no actual rewards…), go back through the past few weeks of these New Genealogy Blog listings here.
6) Was that FUN? I hope so.
This mission was comparatively easy for me. Over the past few weeks, I have taken to perusing the Genabloggers weekly list on a regular basis and adding blogs of interest to Google Reader. Today I added the following:
I had used Google Reader in the past and then stopped and just bookmarked blogs. I’m back to Google Reader but haven’t moved all my bookmarks over yet. Consequently, I don’t have as many blogs in the reader as I actually follow since I’m only gradually moving blogs into the Reader. At this point, I have 66 blogs in my reader and probably another 30 or so bookmarked. I don’t really have time to read much more than that but I know I’ll keep adding to the list anyway. At least some of those bloggers are like me – we don’t post all that often!!
I didn’t go back through previous listings tonight as I had already done so in earlier weeks.